Missed the American Music Awards last night? Good thing your friends at teenAGE have your back! Here are five moments that wowed us and will probably wow you too:
1. JLo’s opening number: Jennifer Lopez aka Jenny from the block did a pretty good job hosting the show last night. She helped make sure the night was great from start to finish with her great outfit changes and superb opener. The stunning 46 year old changed outfits a jaw-dropping 10 times Sunday night and opened the show with a great dance number to some of 2015’s hottest songs.
2. Charlie Puth and Meghan Trainor’s kiss: Now that was commitment to the craft! After performing their sultry Marvin Gaye hit, the pair ended the performance with a kiss. Seemingly spurred on by the spirit of the song – or maybe the reaction they knew they’d get – the two stayed in their embrace for quite some time! Luke Bryan (who received an award after Meghan and Charlie’s performance) even pointed out that their kiss had continued even when the show had cut for commercial break.
3. Sam Hunt won New Artiste of the Year: That one was a bit of a shocker! We thought for sure The Weeknd or Fetty Wap would’ve had that one in the bag. Another surprise came in the fact that Ariana Grande took home Favourite Female Artiste over Taylor Swift.
4. Anna Kendrick’s thank you speech: Known for her off-beat humour, Anna Kendrick brought it to the stage when accepting the AMA for Top Soundtrack with her co-stars from Pitch Perfect 2. She thanked a few members of their team for torturing her with all the practice she had to do and some others for not telling anyone about the prostitute they buried together.
5. Selena’s and Ariana’s performances: These were some of our favourite performances for the night. Selena performed Same Old Love and had the audience singing along and Ariana’s Focus had everyone focus-ed on her. Both were incredibly riveting to watch.