If you are in Jamaica and you haven’t visited any of these places then it is more than likely that you are missing out on a lot.
1) Little Ochie – This seafood restaurant is located on the beach in Alligator Pond, St Elizabeth. It provides a wide variety of seafood cuisine that is done to your specialized order. It is a great setting for a family evening out, a staff trip, or simply an evening out for you and yours. The gazebos scattered across the sand, gives a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the music and watch the beauty as the sun sets. Further down on the beach, Fish lovers can also purchase their assortment of fish to take home.
2) Scotchie’s Jerk Centre – With a number of locations on the island, Scotchie’s has proven to be the place to get some of the best jerk. If you are a lover of pork, then you have to try some from Scotchie’s! This outdoor restaurant has no cushions and frills, but a more rustic and authentic scenery and the wait might be a little longer than normal, but trust that the food is worth it.
3) Star Grill Restaurant – If ever you find yourself in central Jamaica in the parish of cool cool Manchester then this indoors restaurant is an experience you must have. The ground floor is a fast food restaurant which serves a variety of sandwiches, juices, drinks and burgers and is ideal for the grab and go. The second floor is where most of the beauty lies as it ascends to a soft, relaxing scenery. It is not a very large restaurant but it does cater for large groups and would be an ideal spot for a family evening out. The decor is welcoming and the staff is courteous and attentive.
4) Margaritaville: Jimmy Buffet’s – This three story on the water restaurant is a great place for food and drinks over the ocean. It is perfect to stimulate that pre-party atmosphere before trekking to the local night clubs.
The Jerk Chicken is tasty and the drinks are well-made.
5) The Almond Tree Restaurant – A well known and popular restaurant in Ocho Rios, The Almond Tree offers an array of dishes so wide you may have trouble selecting just one. You will be able to enjoy in a wonderful view with dishes prepared by a master chef in true gourmet style!
6) Restaurant Mille Fleurs – Located in Port Antonio, this magnificent restaurant offers romantic dining on the veranda with magnificent views overlooking Port Antonio, the Blue Mountains and the Caribbean Sea. Enjoy the spectacular setting and savor the calm and serenity while enjoying culinary delights, beautiful sunsets and candlelit dining. Discover creative Caribbean cuisine breakfast, a light lunch, or romantic dinner. Mille Fleurs is also a perfect location for small weddings and celebrations.
7) Cosmos Seafood Restaurant – Located on the seven-mile beach in Negril with a rustic and pleasant atmosphere.Cosmos Restaurant provides the perfect location with both a rustic and pleasant atmosphere. Cosmos Seafood Restaurant Bar – where seafood and Jamaican style cuisine is served daily. You can even have your choice of inside or outside dinning.
8) Chewsday’s Restaurant, Grill and Jerk – Chewsday’s Restaurant boasts Portmore’s latest hot pot for the tastiest, freshest and most exquisite meals you have ever tasted! Professional service and Satisfied customers are our Delight! They offer a wide variety of meals including a regular lunch menu which changes daily, as well as A grill menu offering pastas, tortilla wraps, sandwiches, salads, burgers, seafood, quesadillas and So Much More!
9) Glistening Water Restaurant and Marina – Their luminous lagoon gives a great experience for the romantic and adventurous at heart, enjoy a relaxing evening boat ride on the amazing natural phosphorescence waters that illuminates by your touch. If you take a swim, your whole body will glow in the dark; this is something you really have to experience. They serve knock out seafood dishes, curry goat, curry chicken, jerk chicken and many other tasty dishes you will just love. One of Trelawny’s best spots.
10) Homar’s Roti and Grill – This Spot in Clarendon provides tantalizing dishes from Sunday’s to Friday’s and a wide variety of meals all throughout the day. Homar’s also provides accommodations for seminars, board meetings, wedding receptions, etc.
You cannot be in Jamaica and not visit any of these places!