What’s for lunch? Try this Ginger and Spring Onion Chicken from A Saucy Kitchen:
Ginger and Spring Onion Chicken
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper each
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/3 cup | 80 ml water
1 tablespoon arrowroot starch or cornstarch
Chicken & Veg
1 tablespoon | 15 ml cooking oil
6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breastsliced very thin
1/2 onion sliced (white, brown or yellow)
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tablespoon ginger finely chopped
2 green onions ends removed and cut into 1 inch long pieces
1. Combine the oyster sauce, salt, pepper, sugar, water and starch to a small cup and whisk to combine. Set aside.
2. Warm the oil in a wok or skillet on a high heat. Add the chicken and cook quickly for a minute or two until it’s no longer pink. Transfer the chicken to a small plate and set aside.
3. Add the sliced onions to the same wok/skillet. Add a little more oil if needed and sauté for a minute to soften the onion. Add the ginger and the garlic and cook another minute.
4. Add the chicken back to the wok along with the green onions. Stir fry a minute to finish cooking the chicken.
5. Add the combined sauce to the wok. Cook until the sauce turns into a thicker, saucy consistency.
6. Remove from the heat and serve over rice or noodles and enjoy!